Product Guide - Bath
Bath Buying Guide
Bathroom in need of a change? Our sizing guide is your starting point. If you are a first-timer or an old-timer when it comes to decorating your bathroom, our sizing guide can help you find the measurements you'll need to help in any bathroom makeover.
A necessity to keep the water from running out of the tub! Two sizes are most prevalent:
- Standard - 70 x 70 inches. Most curtains will come in this size, and should accommodate your shower perfectly. Some curtains may be slightly wider or longer to give a more pleated, decorative effect.
- Stall - Stall shower curtains measure 54 x 78 inches.
Double vanity or single, master bath or powder room, you must measure your bathroom floor to ensure you select the right size rug. Here are some of the most common sizes, although be aware, not all sizes are available in all styles:
- 17 x 24 inches - A small size perfect for in front of a pedestal sink, or even to step out onto from the shower.
- 21 x 34 inches - A nice size to place outside your tub.
- 24 x 60 inches - Commonly referred to as a runner. Great for along a double vanity.
- 27 x 45 inches - For use in large areas.
There's nothing more irritating than a cold bathroom floor in the morning. A bath rug is an indispensable relief.
1. Fabric content. Both nylon and polyester are common in bath rugs, earning respect both for their durability and their knack for surviving repeated washings without losing their colors. Even a bathroom stampede won't cause these rugs to mat.
Although cotton is more absorbent, it has a nagging tendency to shrink and show lint. So if cotton is your favorite, shop for rugs made from high-quality Supima cotton with reinforced backings.
2. Measure your bathroom. While oval and oblong rugs are the most common, the exact dimensions usually vary depending on the brand. Before shopping, measure the space you want to cover and then decide which rug shape best suits it.
3. Learn how rugs are made. Two methods are used: "tabletop" and "yardage." Each relies on complex machinery and detailed finishes to create quality results.
Tabletop rugs are made by sewing machines, which "tuft" yarn onto a backing. A latex coating on the back secures the yarn and keeps a rug from slipping on wet floors.
In the "yardage" process, big tufting machines churn out large rolls similar to the production of household carpet. A stamping system then cuts them into the desired shapes. These rugs are also coated with latex to prevent slipping.
Wrapping yourself in a thick, oversized bath towel is one of life’s little luxuries. Towels come in many sizes, and making certain you have that perfect oversized bath towel will always be important. Since manufacturers may vary their towel size specifications slightly, these dimensions are an approximate measurement and may not be exact to every towel line.
Bath Sheet - 35 x 60 inches
Bath Towel - 27 x 52 inches to 30 x 58 inches
Hand Towel - 16 x 30 inches
Wash Cloth - 13 x 13 inches
Fingertip - 11 x 18 inches
Tub Mat - 22 x 34 inches
|Toilet Seat Sizing Selection
SIZE is important when you're buying a seat.
- 1 - Measure your toilet to determine whether your bowl is ELONGATED (approximately 18 1/2" long) ROUND (approximately 16 1/2" long.)
- 2 - Measure from center front of bowl to center of the hinge post holes. In the U.S., the standard distance between hinge post holes is 5 1/2".